Team news and stats ahead of Real Sociedad v Man Utd in Europa League on Thursday 32; Kick-off at 5:55 p.m.
Mikel Oyarzabal seems ready Real company 79 minutes into his team was the 1-0 win over Getafe on the weekend after returning from injury.
Long-time absentee Miguel Moya and Luca Sangalli are still missing.
Edinson Cavani, Donny Van De Beek and Paul Pogba are not available for Manchester United.
Summer signings Cavani and Van De Beek have muscle injuries while manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed a thigh ailment will keep Pogba out for the rest of February.
Anthony Martial and Scott McTominay have traveled to Italy for the first leg of the last 32 but will have to face fitness tests on Thursday. Juan Mata is involved after missing the final squad while teenagers Amad Diallo and Shola Shoretire are in.
EL topic of conversation: United to get going again
When Manchester United beat Fulham 2-1 on January 20 to look down on the rest of the Premier League, things looked bright for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
After four weeks, United are seven points behind Manchester City after winning just one of their last five league games. Solskjaer will likely make changes for the clash with Real Sociedad that takes place in Turin due to the pandemic, but the Norwegian needs to rediscover the winning habit. A familiar face will be the Sociedad side – Belgian winger Adnan Januzaj, who joined the United side as a teenager and played 63 games for the club between 2012 and 2017.
How do you follow?
Follow Real Sociedad vs Man Utd with our dedicated live blog on Sky Sports digital platforms.
Go for statistics
- Real Sociedad and Manchester United met only twice in the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League group stage – Man Utd won 1-0 at Old Trafford and a goalless draw in Spain.
- Manchester United have not won their last nine European games against Spanish opposition (D3 L6) since beating Celta de Vigo 1-0 in the 2016/17 UEFA Europa League semi-finals.
- Real Sociedad have lost four of their last five knockout games in UEFA major European competition (D1) since beating Atletico Madrid 2-1 in the 1998/99 UEFA Cup first leg of 16.
- Manchester United lost one of their last 16 UEFA Europa League knockout games (W10 D5) and lost in their last game against Sevilla in the semifinals last season.
- Only Arsenal’s Nicolas Pepe (36) has made more attempts in the opposing half than Real Socidead’s Adnan Januzaj (35) in the UEFA Europa League. Only Chidera Ejuke (32) and Everton (26) completed more dribbles than Januzaj overall (23).